Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moderation Day

The kids have a pupil free day and it was a very rainy day so nice to have a bit of a sleep in and stay indoors. Geoff is off skiing (quite miserable weather) so I got a couple of LO's done.

Second warning of the week - contains mention of rude boys bits...

Scrap the Boys August challenge is to use the following piccy for inspiration.


I took the colours and the stripes. Totally fab room.

The story behind the pictures occurred while I was in the shower, it was strictly a boy thing. Every night (despite a nagging mother who would prefer a calm child going to sleep), Henry has a major tickle war with his father and his big brother. On this night, Henry got a bit rough and kicked Geoff in a tender area.

" Arggh, you've got me in the ghoolies "(Henry's spelling - yes that's how much it has been discussed this week). And Henry completely lost it - tears of laughter and seal like laughs. Boys and names for personal areas - never ending source of humour.

Anyway onto more girly matters. This is my very cute niece who was intent on showing me how good she was at standing on one leg (a song from Play School that is now stuck in my head). Get Creative has this sketch up for offer -

Although I have only noticed the rough edges which I would have loved to have used but this is a relatively neat and tidy Lo for me. No inking!!


Just about all the products used for these two Lo's have come from the latest Cocoa Daisy Kit - it is about the best kit I have received. I think I was making little happy noises with each item that I pulled out. I especially love the little calico banner pieces in the first Lo, I have stamped these ones but they are equally cool left plain. I can't wait to use the rest and there is the best banner stamp that is crying out to be used now!

Off to bed - eventually - ok realistically going to watch TV in a slovenly manner now. xx

PS Go check out Another Freaking Scrapping challenge site - fun challenge this week. x

12 comments:

sandi said...

Wow! These are great Karen! Love the fun pics in that first one with that awesome banner. The second is so sweet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee these!!! Love love love those photos and that story on the first one!!! ADORABLE!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mia said...

hey karen, all for watching tv in a slovenly manner! Sorry to hear M was sick on bedroom floor and that you,most likely, had to clean up. No lo's on that?
Thanks for your blog comment. missing you! Will try and be at the school today :)

Mitralee said...

The banner does indeed rock! I zoomed right in to eye ball it real good! Nice job on your pages!

olga said...

perfect layout! just love it! thank you very for joining us at get creative!

Francine said...

Great layouts Karen! I love the Word one with Henry, and yes, the banner is cool - love how you stamped on it!
I'm impressed that you got two LO's done on moderation day. Besides the fact that I had to work that day, I struggle to get one LO done in a day - too much time spent on the computer, and then too much perfectionism picking papers, embellishments, etc!
Keep up the great work. Lovely inspiration for the rest of us!

Renee Aslette said...

Love the boys page Karen and your use of fabric on the banners. Great page!!

Tanyah Payne said...

Love reading your story behind the pics.. fantastic layouts! :)

eudokia said...

such a nice page!!!i love the colors ande the frame in the pictures!!!
thank you for joining us at gc!

li-bee-ti said...

Both layouts are fab, but especially I loved the first one, and that story is a hit! boys....

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Karen, great lay out and fab photo's everything in perfect harmony as is all of your work, Thank you for your continued support at Get Creative and good luck.

Marie

Irini said...

karen!!
I know I have been MIA but you will get the low down in an email!!
On scrappy matters wow I love both layout!
I too couldn't stop laughing with the ghoulies hahahahaha
I expect M is better now!!
talk soon......