Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm internetting again!



(our lounge room wall)
I never want to have a moving experience like that again...

Ok, my neglect of many aspects of storage has come back to bite me. We had two large attic areas that tended to have items that I just couldn't decide on - just about all stuff that was broken, stuff the kids had grown out of or stuff I just couldn't be bothered deciding about.

And add to that my too large stash of craft/scrapbbooking supplies...

20 odd car trips and 4 moving truck loads - I was on the verge of tears all day Wednesday I was so over it...

Oh boy, that was hard work.

And to top the week off, we had a demolition sale on saturday and sunday. I had to leave early on Saturday to take meaghan to soccer. I walked into our new house to be greeted by my husband, who chatted for a minute, then looked pale and swore loudly and longly and in a very panicked way. He had left Henry playing quietly upstairs in our old house!! He set off at an illegal speed to go get him, when 2 minutes later a car pulled up outside our new house and deposited a slightly distressed and very peeved Henry off. He had been locked in and had to climb out a window and summoned a passing neighbour to get him home. Miraculously, he knew our new address as well as the street that our street connects to. Clever boy.

I have only just started talking to Geoff again... Father's day on Sunday was a less than celebratory day!

Anyway, We are mostly (ha) organised here now. The main lounge room is wonderful and there has been an unexpected bonus. We currently only have one TV working and the wifi Internet doesn't work in the kids rooms, so they are spending all their time in our company. And Meaghan was so excited about this house that she has had friends over for a sleepover already.

And we signed the contract for the new house yesterday, should be knocked down within the month. We discovered that the old extensions were mostly comprised of asbestos so it will cost more to knock down but at least it will be gone.
 Henry's cupboards have gone to a better place (well Queanbeyan anyway)

 all the brown cladding and the eaves are asbestos

Meaghan decided painting on the wall was preferably to actually packing.

I will have a separate house blog so won't have to bore you with the details here.

On a very happy note, my football team (go my beloved hawks) ended with the minor premiership - playing the evil Collingwood in the first final, fingers crossed my boys win...


Ok, must go get Henry, very conscience of not leaving him wondering where we are this week.  Back tomorrow with some scrapbooking, I think this house will encourage me to get back into it, much stash to get through before the next move.

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh MYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I'm sorrier for DS or D [???!!!!!]H....awful, awful feeling...anyway, you're all together now:):):) I hope your fill-in house works well for you all. And I'm soooo glad we're on the same wavelength re: EVIL COLLINGWOOD....unfortunately, I'm a Cats supporter. Lived in Geelong for years. What can I say...... even if those birds of yours manage to sneak in...well....cats RULE:):):)
Am I banned? Hope not....Looking forward to following your House Blog. Love watching homes take shape:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry you have had such a rough experience with all of this :( I saw that it was your birthday today... so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!