Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yay - a new challenge site ...

And I'm on the Design Team. So very excited to be part of the new team at Southern Girls Challenge Site. I will put up links to all girl's blog posts so you can go check out their work, lots of card makers as well, maybe they will inspire me to start making cards as well...

The new challenges will begin in September, I will let you know (of course!!) when they begin, yay.


Ok onto a different challenge. The Studio sent out the challenge to use your ugly paper. Boy did i have some ugly paper. Once upon a time , the first kit club I belonged to wasn't the best choice of supplies (nor was it cheap...) and so this is a selection of some of those papers..

I narrowed it down to these which I would struggle to use...
and came up with this (which I hated, so awful)..

more tearing and finally produced...

I think it is a bit of an improvement.

I still have lots of Lo's for their cybercrop, go check out some of their work, just wonderful.

busy, mad day (soccer BBQ duty this morning, Matt had French Oral exams, university open days for him as well and Meaghan's soccer). Geoff is off skiing tomorrow, I think we will just have a quietish day (after hockey, playdates for Henry and Meaghan is cooking for a renaissance fair on Wednesday) hmm maybe not such a quiet day after all..

but at least we will get a sleep in ;)

have a great day. xxx

PS we still have no government but nobody has noticed yet...

6 comments:

lisa said...

This is fun Karen. I love that you weren't so sure and had another go. Made me smile. I actually liked both versions : )

Valerie said...

I love what you did here - both version, too! Great take on the challenge!

sue said...

So good to see another scrapper on the Southern Girls DT! Congrats! I have been looking at your blog and just love your work!

Mia said...

What a great challenge. I like them both - but mostly the first. I like the way you stetched between the circles - really good!

Francine said...

I don't thtink there was anything wrong with the first layout, although I do like the second one better.

Irini said...

I'm baaaaack!!
Wow firstly congrats on the design team spot!
I loved both layouts....sorry!!!
off to comment on your other posts LOL