Friday, July 22, 2011

A new haircut

It's the end of the school holidays and I finally dragged Henry (ok, possibly failed to mention prior to walking into the barbers..) to get his haircut. I wish I had my camera there to witness the complete misery - I think he is happier going to the doctors or the dentist. At the end the hairdresser asked what he thought of his new hair cut and Henry refused point blank to answer. After we were outside I asked him to rate his haircut and he gave it 1/10 which is slightly up from the all time low of 0/10 for his last do. He does love his curls...


And this is his hair from a few weeks ago, very long and pretty wild.

This is Henry and his friend Hugh who has been overseas for the past 18 months and came for a quick visit. The boys get along so well and it will be good when he is home (for a while at least) at the end of the year. Of course it leads to conversations after school of -

H - "I miss Hugh Mum"
M- "I miss you too when your at school.."
H - Accompanied by a look of sympathy mixed with incredulity - "I don't miss you Mum, I miss HUGH!!"

thanks....

The Lo is was done for the July sketch challenge at Cocoa daisy - such fine work is done here, always inspiring.

We're off to the coast tonight for a couple of nights, it is blowing an absolute gale there at the moment but to be honest I prefer that to normal hot weather as there are no people around and I don't have to get into the water - I really don't like swimming in the sea.

have good weekend xx

PS got a mention in the favs at Sketchy Thursdays for my last Lo - so pleased - love that site.

7 comments:

Mia said...

Karen , is that really you fishing for some lovin' words from your boy? really, where's your dignity? (see my blog for the correct way to go about these things....)
Looking very grown up with the new do....

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love his new hair! :):):) And that lo is soooooooooooooo FUN! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and the banner!! And tooooooooo cute what he said! :):):):):):):):):):)

Mitralee said...

Adorable! Never thought to do a wii layout yet! Guess when you come for tea in NY the kids can all play!

Unknown said...

I just love his curls Karen and can totally understand why he doesnt want to cut them off!! I think the older he gets, the harder it is going to be for you to "drag" him to the hairdressers! He is such a cutie. Think he might grow up to be a bit of a heart-breaker : )
Have fun at the coast.
Alicia xx

wendipooh13 said...

cute new hair!!! and thanks for the comment on Sydney's dress. My sister, who has her 4th boy on the way, sews lil girl dresses and Sydney gets most of them.. so I really appreciate the sweet words!!!

sandi said...

Awesome lo Karen and I do like the new hair cut! Cute! :)

li-bee-ti said...

Congrats on being one of the fav at Sketchy Thursdays!

The lo is such a fun! I totally understand your boy about not wanting to cut his hair! His curls are so beautiful!

I loved your story about fishing for "I miss you" from him... LOL