Thursday, July 28, 2011
at Southern Girls this week. And it is a lovely counter balance to all those Northern Hemisphere challenges about summer (my cold toes are green eyed with jealousy...). Isn't it a wonderful photo, and we have had some big frosts here in the past couple of days - but this is the third straight day that we have seen the sun, so good!
I have gone for the whites and blues from this as well as a winter theme and delved back in time to when Matt saw his first snow. Meaghan was only three months old and we went for a walk half way up Mt Kosciusko (Australia's highest mountain - would barely register on most other continents..) . It was boxing day and there was still this little patch of snow left. Just enough to have a play in without getting cold.
So come on over and play, we have some very cool sponsors again this week - Meljen's Designs (very sweet digi stamps) and NZ Scrap Box - lots of cool new scrapping and card making supplies.
And finally I am getting around to accepting and passing on a irresistibly sweet blogger award
passed on to me by the completely gorgeous Kat , and the beautiful Claudia. I am so glad I had my giveaway as I have met so many new friends, such an unexpected bonus!
Ok 7 things about me
1. I have a degree in Environmental Science
2. Despite said degree, I have never had a 9-5 job. Part time/shift work/bizarre bits and pieces jobs - ie furniture removalist at uni but never 9-5.
3. I used to have severe panic attacks and all but passed out at my own wedding - leading to shortest Catholic service ever... Friends and family were grateful.
4. Have three brothers and have never missed having a sister.
5. my nickname at uni was Mum - and still is to many of my friends.
6. I am currently addicted to Wii Fit - so much fun.
7. I love watching sports, with my first and oldest love being Aussie rules. I have stayed up late the past 8 or so years to watch the Tour De France and finally paid off last week when an Australian, Cadel Evans, won. So excited.
And my nominated bloggers are
Mitralee - so glad I found this blog, love new friends
Francine - love old friends too (even though I am currently envious of her current trip inland)
Libeeti - great work and some very cool tutorials
Karen B - hard working and produces some very scrummy lo's and cards
Alicia - a nicer person I have yet to come across
Wendi - fellow Dollie, always interesting blog
Laura - one of my first interwebby friends
Will be back tomorrow with -hopefully a couple of Lo's for some end of month challenges and keep an eye out on Sat/Sun - depending on which side of the world you live on - for something that I am a bit excited about!