Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Two for Tina

Ok, thought I'd be nice to my friend Tina and put two of her DT challenges on one post - see! I am nothing if not thoughtful...

First up is for Lasting Memories - an Autumn theme this week. Bit tricky as I am definitely in Spring mode but autumn colours are popping up all over the scrapping world at the moment so hard not to be inspired..


 All supplies from The Lilypad.

And then my first (legitimate) attempt at Digitally Sweet. I did one a few weeks ago but was too late. I do have a tendency to leave these things to the last minute... They would like some ribbons on your Lo. This one I am particularly pleased with. Although to be honest, a fair bit of the pleasure has to do with the background paper from Anna Aspnes - Art palette Scientist. Just so yummy! This is a photo taken last autumn while walking around our little lake in town. I do love my camera phone.


Now that the football season is over (sad my poor boys lost in the Grand Final...), I can scrap a bit more and we are actually sitting down and watching movies again. Have loved the Avengers (mmm - Thor)

  Ok may have mentioned him before...

and also really liked Slumdog Millionaire (completely recommend the book as well ). And Sherlock Holmes - so much fun. Still love the TV series as well.

 Also watched Speed with oldest 2 children. Unfortunately they had seen the Myth busters episode that busted all the special effects and took great delight in pointing all the faults out. My observations that a movie with Keanu from this era is well worth watching and not for his acting skills, seemed to be ignored. But they did watch it through to the end (ok admittedly a very ridiculous ending). Looking forward to a relaxing few weeks.

Hope you are in a good happy place where you are xx

11 comments:

Irini said...

Seriously those pics are from your phone?????????????????????
Oh WOW.......your layouts are fabulous!
I love the effect of the title on the first layout will have to try that with paper!
gorgeus gorgeous work!!
hugz
irini

Denise Pustelniak said...

Both these LO's are AWESOME! I had to do a double take bc I'm used to seeing you at Lasting Memories but I see you did an awesome digital LO as well! Thanks for joining Lasting Memories and Digitally Sweet!

Toni Herron said...

Oh my gosh.. Stunning photos and LO's!!
And yes, I agree with all those movies and actors... Have o admit they are easy on the eye! Lol..
Thanks for sharing and hope you can keep enjoying your relaxing time!! :)
Toni / LMDT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I love love love that photo and the wood grain paper on that first lo!!!! And we loveeeeeeee the Avengers too!! AMAZING movie!!!!

Karen Wilson said...

Well, hello!! We share the same first name and last initial! LOL! Anyway, make sure you pop over to Digitally Sweet today :)

Love both your layouts! The autumn colours are exploding here in blogland .. very pretty LO's and love your photos to!

Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

AND

Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Unknown said...

Wow Love your layouts:)I need to check out that digital background paper. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and Digitally Sweet!
Elizabeth LMDT, DSDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wowza stunning work.
Ann xxx

TeenaBugg38 said...

I saw my name and thought I was getting 2 kicks in the ass.....you may laugh but there are people willing to pay money and stand in line for that. I am delighted you came over to play!! I always love seeing your work and you know that I am one of your biggest fans! And not in that creepy Kathy Bates in Misery way either :) YOu rocked both of these...ROCKED EM!!!

And Avengers.....AWESOME!!!!! I am gonna ahve to buy it.....,I think I will have officially earned nerd status once I purchase a mocie based on a camic book that isnt animated.....Thor was indeed yummy but Iron man is my guy!! Good looks and sarcastic wit rolled into one package.....Myth Busters......they also proved you could indeed polish a turd!!

Thanks for playing at BOTH LMLC and DSC this week girl...I love ya!!!

Mia said...

Ahh...who is this Thor fellow you speak of? Can I meet him?
My Ruby and I saw Ruby Sparks at the movies. Must See - very clever and no trace of a formula in sight. Breath of fresh air. Funny in bits too (its by the people who did Little Miss Sunshine).....:)

Michele said...

These both are so spectacular!! I LOVE the title on your first one!!! Pretty page indeed!!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Haven_mom4 said...

Wow. Love both of the layouts. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories