Thursday, December 2, 2010

A mixed bag

Matt finally got to wear his new suit tonight. The weather was not the most glorious, actually it poured all afternoon, lots of water everywhere, not the best weather for the girls to be showing off their formal dresses..

Yep, I'm pretty proud of my (not so) little boy!!

Next, I have finally gotten around to making a Lo for Yyam's Do more with Less blog, for a chance at a Guest designer at My Favourite Things challenge site. Every busy Julie was a guest on Yyams blog and is offering this wonderful opportunity (I love this site, and would looove to be guest designer there one day..). The challenge was to use old and new stash on a LO. As I had a rare cleaning up of my scrapping area, I had piles of old papers to use.

There's some old rusty pickle papers in there as well as some new Crate paper (yum). The photo is of Henry's school junior playground after some heavy rain (I'm thinking it looked the same tonight), Henry looked on but lots of kids could not resist jumping on in!!

Lastly, I want to show off my gorgeous friend Jo's work. She has been working all term on it (through much hardship). This is her Affluenza Chandelier, for a full explanation see her blog.

It is made from old metal Flan tins and plastic spoons. The flowers have been made from the tins as well, astonishingly good. Isn't it fabulous?? Go visit her blog, she has some wonderful stuff.

Time to stop thinking for a while now. have a great night. xx

4 comments:

yyam said...

What an awesome layout Karen! I love the eclectic mix of papers and elements....:)

Thank you so much for playing along with my guest Julie's old and new challenge! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh he looks sooooooooo handsome in his suit!!!! And that LO....wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I loveeeeeeee it!! That title is PERFECT...and loving the mix of your old and new!!!! Thanks for playing with me at Yvonne's!!! And wowwwwwwww your friend's chandelier is GORGEOUS!! WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mia said...

Wow, thanks Karen for favourable review on my chandelier - you are so kind.
PS Matt looks pretty spunky in his suit (Hmmm...is that inappropriate?) :)
Lots of love and have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
Your blog is dull of interesting things!! Your son looks gorgeous!! What a cutie! Your layout is spectacular and I think you should def be on their design team...and the chandelier is amazing - I have never seen anything like it before!
Alicia xx