Friday, May 6, 2011

Feeling Nostalgic part 2




This is the second LO of my little girl this week. (see previous blog post for explanation) This fits the theme of the latest Southern Girls Challege nicely - 'Let's hear it for the girls'. This is not really my stlye - I have come to love white space and this feels a bit messy.

This is one of the few times Meaghan has worn dress ups. She never wanted a dress up box and still is hard to convince that wearing a costume can be fun. So different from her big brother who uses any excuse to dip into his hat collection...


Anyway the Southern Girls has three fab sponsors for this week challenge.



Tiddly Inks for the International Entries

Sassy Studio Designs and Joanna Sheen for the entries down under

I have used one of the many gorgeous images available from Sassy Studio Designs - Tinkerbell Honey. I cannot colour to sve myself (from embarrassment at least), and just altered the colour woth photoshop. So go check out the other ladies work on the design team to show these images at their best.

Come on over and join in the fun!!

And I have finally finished one little very modest crocheted item. It is a little cover for my phone when I have to chuck it in my bag. I used some leftover bamboo yarn, feels very similar to a soft cotton. I now have a little confidence that I can proceed with something more ambitious...


Meaghan is off to the Year 9 Social tonight. I wil attempt to get a photo - wish me luck! She has been marginally more social since she has been back at school and I actually caught her doing homework TWICE this week - it's not natural....

Have a great day xx

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this! I love love love love the photo, the banner and loving the misting!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

Love the layout....I know what you mean about white space.....but your layout does not look messy!!!!!!
Love your crocheted mobile pouch...there thats what you can officially call it!!!
Good luck with the photo...LOl LOL

wendipooh13 said...

ahhhhh sooo lovin this page!! Oh my goodness sooo pretty!!! love the girlie feel, the butterflies, and adorable banner!! Such a sweet photo