Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cocoa Daisy love



It has been a very slow month regarding craftiness. It has all seemed too hard, too much trouble and really not much has inspired me. Not anyones fault but my own. still in holiday mood. Plus the added distraction of Matt being overseas (Spain now - me not sleeping...) and after waiting 10(!!) years to finally start redecorating the house we have decided to pull this one down (hopefully after recycling the better bits - floorboards anyone??) and build a new one that works for us. We have had no where to actually sit down with visitors/friends, our main lounge room has three doors and a staircase leading off it as well as being long and narrow. We have to go to our backyard though the laundry (very not ideal..) and the entrance is through the kitchen (oh so very not ideal!!!). We have had renovations drawn up but they are still a big compromise and we are at a stage were we need more space. (Ros, I am just about to email you for advice!!). Wish us luck - and patience! oh and cash...

Anyway back to the crafty issue - my creative flow was rekindled with the arrival of the latest Cocoa Daisy Kit (I' m afraid to say that the latest Studio Calico kit arrived before it and my reaction was completely flat, a bit of a dull one this time). Cd however came through, as it always seems to at the moment. Even though it is full of autumn stuff, it is so versatile - love it!

first up is a lo for Scrap the Girls, use distressing (like I couldn't..) and the word love in the title. Used some photo of Meaghan and one her best friends, mucking around in her room. I think just about everything I've used except the little round alpha and ribbon, is from the latest CD kit.


Link

And then one of Henry looking esp cute in his dad's hat that he wanted to wear while we playing cards one night. Again most things are from the latest kit. I made the little felt and button flowers all by myself (yay), the washi tape and the yellow alpha are from the Studio Calicao kit.



I have used one of the design Team's sketches at Cocoa Daisy (this months challenge).

time to stop talking now, have a great day xx

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good luck with the house re-do! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the lo's!! That photo on the 2nd lo is ADORABLE! GORGEOUS work as always! :):):):):):)

sue said...

Love these layouts, Karen! Esp love the twine stitching!
Designing a new home is so exciting!! Enjoy it!
Isnt it funny...we want our kids to do their OE's, but then worry about them until they get back home!!

Kazza said...

Great LO's Karen. I don't get any kits at the mo. Maybe next year?? Don't envy you on the house reno but a new is good!! We did a complete reno nearly 4 yrs ago. Took nearly 2 yrs and hard going whilst living in it!!!! Love it tho..all worth it. :))

li-bee-ti said...

First - my fingers are crossed for you with the renovation of your home.
The layouts are awesome! Especialy I really loved the stitching on the first one. it gives such a whimsical look.
Great job!

Leonie said...

Great layouts! What fun photo's in the STG layout. love the stitching on there too. thanks for joining in with our challenge this month.

Paula said...

Both brilliant layouts! STG one has a lovely fun feel about it! :)

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous ... love everything about this ... hugz x