Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Scrapfit Simple challenge

I feel like I've been missing in action lately. The kids are on hols at the moment (still 2 weeks to go - much as it is good - and easy- to have them home, I'm ready for them to be back in school..) and my life seems to be driving Meaghan all around the countryside. So far since Thursday she has been at three separate sleepovers, two that were out of town on farms, and been to two movies, ice skating, horse riding and bowling today as well as some babysitting.

I only vaguely remember when she lived at home, she spends her time on catch up sleep when she is home now!! Anyway she loves her social life but school will be a nice rest for her (if only that was a joke..).

And this is my new reality - packing boxes-

I am currently feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of junk we have and that I have to sort through in the next 6 weeks. eep.

After preparing for delays as all building projects are (hey, we watch Grand Designs addictively) apparently we have gotten from initial meeting to submitting plans in record time so instead of an initial starting time (ie tearing house down) at the end of april, may, june, sometime, now it is whenever we can get out of the house. Ok, hyperventilating...

Anyway the bonus of cleaning is finding unexpected treasures like this note I found that Meaghan had written to Henry. I suspect that any note written today would have a slightly different message...


Such a little note but it made me smile for the rest of the day. So I thought it was worthy of inclusion on a Lo and the message is simple but happy so I am entering it in Scrap Fit's challenge this week. (not the best photo of a LO, sorry)And I have discovered that I have very few photos of Henry and Meaghan together when she wrote this note. Any photos at this age are Henry watching Meaghan, learning and copying her. Sweet but not suitable for the note. By the way i have a gazillion photos of Matt and Henry together but Matt's handwriting is unreadable and as such he doesn't do notes (and he is male as well..).

Ok, having said how I haven't had time for crafting, I have managed to get a bit of reading done. The pick of my summer reading has been The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.
I could not put it down, cannot recommend it highly enough and I dropped a tear or two at the end (in a good way). Love finding books like that.

Long rambling post, unlike me I know (HA!!) back to packing now, have a good week. xx

10 comments:

Mitralee said...

I loved this post! I was having a good laugh! Great page and sweet note! Packing however is NO fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good luck with the packing ... and loving the lo!! Cute photo and loving the note! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle McClure said...

Glad you found a little treasured memory to scrap while cleaning up. Love the layering and how you incorporated the note. Thanks for sharing on ScrapFIT.

Charlotte said...

I love how you used the sweet little note on your layout. And I love all the colors and embellishments too. :)
I also keep lots of little notes from my boys, and now I got inspired on how to use them :)
I hope you'll have a great day.

Irini said...

Oh wow so it is going to happen...yikes....the packing yikes...........
that's all I am going to say about it!
As for the layout so so so so cute!
hugz
irini

wendipooh13 said...

Karen just love this page and LOVE the added twine and mix of goodies!!! super fun!!!! sooo glad you played along at ScrapFIT!!

Marg Van Patten said...

Love this page and your post! Thanks for the inspiration AND the laugh! I feel for you .... good luck!

Sheila said...

those sweet memories are wonderful--love how yo incorporated it into your layout. thanks for joining us at scrapfit!

Ros said...

Karen, so exciting about the building. Well done on the plans. I'd love to see them. Have you found somewhere to rent yet? I loved stumbling across all the memories as we packed .. unpacked . It does seem to add to the length of time it takes to pack a box but they are treasures.
I think 2012 could be the year to build. Surely we've had all the dodgy weather. We had the wettest spring in 50 years when we were building. And now that we have a pool we are having the coldest summer ever recorded ...
All the best. It will all be worth it it!
xx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful LO for this precious note and photo. How fortunate that you found it in your cleaning/packing!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/