Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sick

I have finally succumbed to the first cold of the year. Like everyone else I hate being sick, especially on a perfect autumn day in Canberra. Matt is still home but he always takes a long time to get over things. Henry is mostly over it, finally and Geoff is still deciding which way his illness is progressing. Meaghan as always, is the healthiest of the lot of us. I wish we all had her immune system...

Anyway I got these LO's done yesterday so I can lay in front of the tv today and plan a few things that are due next week.

This one was a challenge at Butterfly crafts were Karen supplied a list to try and include on your LO.

Polka dots
Orange
Gingham Ribbon
Butterfly
Scalloped edge
Turquoise
Cherries
Pins
Felt
Bling

This was for the other challenge DT but it looked fun. I dodn't include the cherries or the felt and the bling is subtle, a bit of glitter on the butterflies wings. Give it a go, the major prize is still up for grabs.

The next challenge begins on the 1st of April and I am still trying to come up with my take on the interesting visual challenge Karen has set for us this time - stay tuned.



He learnt this from his big sister and never fails to amuse me. He has no idea what he is doing, only the suspicion that he looks cute doing it.


This is for one of my new fav challenge sites - twisted sketches.

The twist this week was green and although it is looking surprisingly green around here at the moment, I chose to go back in time, to a place some say is best forgotten. A place where flounces, taffeta and spots were the height of fashion. Yes back to the 80's. This was the first dress I paid for myself and i wore it to many occasions, luckily my social circle was reasonably diverse so no one noticed, or cared for that matter, that it was dragged out of the cupboard again...

The only thing missing was the shoulder pads but I think they were more early 80's.

And that is my husband (on the right) and his best man I am with but we didn't go out until probably 18 months after this photo was taken.

I love the texture of this cardstock but it doesn't show up too well on the photo's.


3 comments:

Nancy said...

OH! this is so fun and fabulous! Oh, the 80's - what a fun time :) Love this layout! love your take on this sketch and the photo techniques here! Anyone who lived and breathed those fabulous 80's need to document them! We need to preserve these memories for our kids to make fun of us...but then, they will be back in-style and we'll be like...that's so yesterday! TFS over at Twisted Sketches! sorry to hear you aren't feeling well...hope you get better FAST!

Irini said...

First things first henry is seriously cute!! plus the layout is fab!
As for the second.....luscious paper and embellies great layout...the 80's were the best days of our life young and carefree....I do not miss those shoulder pads though! LOL

Francine said...

I agree with you, the texture on that black cardsstock is great! I love the letters you used for the title too - who made them?