Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thanks goodness for challenge sites!

Two more challenges to help me scrap our weekend to the coast. I think that I would get very little scrapping down without the helping hand of some wonderful ideas. I also used Basic Grey backgrounds for both LO's (see Laura, it can be done, not sure how well it is done BUT it can be done!!)


The first is for Mission to create which has a list of items to create a page with. Mission 012 has the following:
use a pp background only...no cardstock
colours brown, green and blue
Decorative Tape/Gaffer Tape
one or more vintage/retro style products on your page

plus an album cover which can be seen here

Geoff took this photo of Henry jumping over the waves at the beach. He was having a great time until he turned blue from the cold and felt the need to bury himself in the sand. The colour in the photo isn't spectacular, the close up has the more accurate shades and I'm not sure why the decorative tape appears to be striped in blue, it is folded onto itself but the colour is all the same (see the close up as well). maybe I will redo this photo tomorrow I think!) {edit, new photo, more natural colours..}




As always, sketchy Thursday's sketch for this week was a cracker and I used a photo of us and the family we went away with, on the way back to Canberra. It was at the top of a winding road so a perfect place to run out the car sickness. There is a little path into the bush and another lookout that the kids loved running around and as a bonus there was a geocache there, not too tricky to find. This place was named after a bus driver (Tom Piper) who took passengers over Brown Mountain a few times a week, must have been a goat track back in the 50's. He had a heart attack while digging his bus out of the snow, how much hard work would that have been? I like that it was named after someone deserving rather than a politician or royalty (don't get me started..).

7 comments:

Irini said...

OMG what brilliant layout i love everything about them...I love the photo in the first layout and and crazy about the flower/lace/doilie? accent on the second layout WOW
Karen you are so inspiring!!!

karenw said...

I have a close up of the flower?doilly accent but it won't load -argghh. thaks for the compliment xx

Kathy said...

Great job on the Mission to Create challenge Karen. Beautiful layout!

Kimic said...

Greate MC layout, I love the Origins papers :-)

Louise F NZ said...

These are fabulous!!! The papttrened paper background looks great. Love your take on the sketch, gorgeous!

Tessa Buys said...

Great pages! I love the colors in the first one - gorgeous!

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

Deborah Marasa said...

love your vinatge choice! thanks for playing along with MC!