Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Dollie, a samuari and a zombie

And a hint of Michael Jackson...

First the Dollie

Of course this is the latest sketch offering from Design Dollies.
Here's the sketch

and here is my take
Love the new coffee stain stamp that was in the latest Cocoa daisy kit. so very cool and I think will be in use possibly too much....

And now onto my latest (of many) addiction. I have had this book
for a couple of weeks, and its previous volume about a year but hadn't gotten around to using the zombie book yet. Now I have!!

Firstly from the old book, Felties. This was requested by Henry as he liked the fact that the cat had been a ninja first...And now onto the undead..


(may have been inspired by the fact that Plants vs Zombies - a computer game has been played constantly in our house over the past couple of weeks..)

and finally Thrilla -

Not a stunning photo but he is so very cool. (the little sequins are supposed to represent exposed brains..). Not sure which to do next but The Day of the Dead doll is high on the list. We shall see.

The next book by these authors is a Steampunk Softies, can't wait!!

have a great day. xxx

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love that lo!! I loveeeeeee the photos, the burlap and loving the coffee circles!! And I loveeeeeeeeeee the felties! Toooooooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

Steampunk!!!!!!!!!!!
did you say Steampunk???????
You do realise that the first feltie you make from the next book is mine all mine LOl LOl LOL
BTW Love that layout!!!
I too have a coffee stain stamp from Studio Calico...just fabulous!

Dana Tatar said...

The felties are so fun! Thanks for sharing!

wendipooh13 said...

what a great page and LOVE those cut lil felties!! How cool

Mia said...

Ahhhhhhhh!! So jealous of your felties. You totally did Thrilla justice. Well done.
Sorry about tennis this arvo. That sculpture completely sucked the life (what was left) right out of me today and I just couldn't go any further with the day. Thinking of taking tommorrow off so see you at school.xox.

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Awesome layout!!!! love the photos and the burlap!! and the felties are amazing!!! I esp love thrilla!!! :)

KarenB said...

Totally, totally cool!!
I didn't realise that was a 'real' stamp you used on the layout (I thought it was improvised stamping). Love those colours.
And your felties!! I've been playing with felt for a few Easter projects I've got in the works, but nothing as cool as these little beauties - I'm going to keep my eyes out for those books because these are really up my alley :)