Tuesday, September 20, 2011

twinery yummyness




look what arrived in my mail box today!! I am seriously in love...
I have only recently discovered The Twinery and what could I do?? I couldn't decide which colour pack to get and the new 'get all our colours or you'll be really sad when you go to do a Lo or wrap a parcel or just sit and look at your new glass jar that isn't full of yummyness when it could have been... ' pack was too tempting...

{Ok, so it may just be named the Ultimate colour sampler pack but I can read between the lines...}

I think the honeydew and the Maraschino will get a severe workout in the next few months...

Every time I think I should just go purely digi and cut down on the amount of stuff that is overflowing I get something like this (or indeed the latest Cocoa daisy kit - oh my) and I realise that I need dirty, sticky fingers.


SO I had to scrap today and this is a combination of some Cocoa Daisy and a bit of twinery (lilac).


The quote in the corner is from Scrapping the Music's 4th birthday song - also their very first song (Like a Star). This is My Meaghan giving me her teenage "I am only just tolerating you taking my photo look'. They won there last game, a really good year for the girls. Many of them will be in the futsal team over the summer months, really pleased about that.

I am also channelling Sandi in this Lo - Ok trying to scraplift her style which I am also in love with but I haven't quite got it. But I think this is a nice compromise between her style and mine (I may have a go in digi which I think will work quite well, sorry about the stalking Sandi...).

I will be back in the next day to let you know the winner of The Southern Girls birthday blog hop - thank you for all those lovely girls who left comments everywhere.


Ok, off to face the vile weather here to pick up Henry, luckily we decided this morning not to ride - it is really windy and a bit rainy today. Happy to be tucked up at home.

xxx

PS Matt is apparently in Poland now after a few days in Lithuania. Hoping to nag him into more blog posts soon. x

7 comments:

Irini said...

WOW WOW first of all your haul of twine is fabulous!!!!!
Second your layout is amazing I love it, you have the fabulous Sandi perfectly. I too an in love with Sandi's style.
I love how you looped the twine around Meaghans face....genius!!!

li-bee-ti said...

LOL, you just couldn't decide on the twine... enjoy it!
Your lo is stunning. I love the misting and how you framed your daughter's face with the twine - very creative!

sandi said...

Wow Karen I love that twine stash of yours!!!! Yup, That's something I would of done...get all the colors that you think you might use! Heeeheee. And your lo...well that is just fab! Love the way you used the twine...yup, that's how I would have used it too! You go girl! :)

Debbie Smith said...

Karen, you should be paid for advertising. I read this post and immediately ordered the twine. I had a small amount in my stash but had been frustrated not to have more colours - thanks for 'enabling'!!! xoxoxox p.s. and the way you framed your daughter's face was very sweet.

Patrice said...

love the twine frame!

yyam said...

Love the whimisical fun feel to your layout! Love what you did with the twine and that photo is priceless! :)

Thanks for joining us at Scrapping The Music! :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Hi ~ just came from Scrap the Music ~ congrat's on your win:):) I know EXACTLY how you feel about twine. It's addictive:)