Thursday, February 23, 2012

Missing

My scrapbooking/blogging world has definitely been taking a back step to the real world lately.

Just when we are trying to save some money for the new house, all our old things are reaching the end of their lives. The headlights on the car both blew (again - third pair in 18 months!!), the printer died (eeep) and the washing machine man just left with the bad news that our lovely machine needs a new gearbox and is cheaper to get a new one... I hate the fact that it was considered old at 15 - what happened to the machines of our youth that went on and on (sometimes to my mothers despair when she really would have liked some new stuff I think..).

I am just hoping the hot water service holds out til we move, I think I can go without most other things but a washing machine and hot water are two necessities.


Geoff's Mum is also quite ill at the moment, so Geoff is going to go visit her tonight for a few days - hopefully that will cheer her up. We are all a bit worried to be honest.

And although the printer is out of action, I have been stocking up on digi supplies from The Lilypad, loved the Making Lemonade kit. All within in my current budget as well.

And I have (vaguely) used the current sketch over at Get Creative. Greece is going through some terrible times at the moment so hopefully the scrapping girls get some enjoyment from their craft.

Just a reminder of two things, first my charity giveaway, I've raised just over $200 so far which I'm really pleased with, if you can give a couple of dollars I would really appreciate it and you get to go into the prize draw for a couple of big scrapbooking prizes.

And secondly, the Valentines blog hop for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge is still on - lots of giveaways along the hop - check out the details here. Easy to enter that one.

Off to but a printer now and check out new washing machines, sigh - I loved my old printer and my old washing machine...

Have a good one. xx

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry for all the problems... and for Geoff's Mom too! :( I loveee your lo... I love the colors and the lemon!!

Irini said...

Karen!!!!!!!!! wow I love love love this layout so fresh and clean just like Henry! hahaha
I am so sorry for all your troubles....we had the same thing last year one thing after the other kept breaking down and then G's father died.....wow that chain of events doesnt sound good hahahaha...It will not happen to you.....
take care hugz
irini

Dolly Daydreams said...

Oh Karen sorry to hear about all of your problems but its always the way . I find if one electrical appliances dies in this house then you can bet at least two more will follow suit. Fabulous layout . Like this funky and simple design with fresh colours. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative and good luck.

Marie

Ella Swan said...

LOVE this fresh take on the sketch! Thank you so much for sharing this at Get Creative!!

Jasmine S said...

Great page. Loving the white space, the touches of color and a wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative.

sandi said...

Oh Karen, I just absolutely love what you've done here....very neat take on the sketch! Tks. for playing along with us at Get Creative!

Heather Jacob said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww Karen I just adore this page .. a super duper job .. hugz x
soooooooooooo sorry to hear of your tough times.. take care and trust !!
love heather x

Georgia Heald said...

Wow I LOVE this! So many awesome details! Thanks for playing along with us at Get Creative.

Trudi Harrison said...

Fabulous take on the sketch - so fresh and crisp. Love the clean lines. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Creative

Bente Fagerberg said...

Beautiful take on the sketch. So refreshing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Creative.