Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Once upon a Sketch - finally...

Although I have followed and marvelled at the creations from this site, I have never entered one of their challenges. The details and the wonderful work of the guest Dt are here.

And on the last possible day I have pulled together an entry. yay.


I think it's quite a bit different to my usual style, quite subdued but I love this photo and the memories that go with it.

We had been travelling in a van from Vietienne to Vietnam, with much of the first day along the Mekong. We stopped in a small town for lunch and this was the view, looking across to Thailand. We then turned east and headed 'inland' towards the mountains, the roads got rougher and the traffic busier (a bit scary at times to be honest) but that first day was just wonderful.

Just about all the elements in this Lo are from a collab kit {worn} from One little bird and Sahlin Studio and is available here.


and it's your last day to enter Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge Valentines Day blog hop, check out details here and my give away here.

And it is now a bit over two weeks to go until I start my week long walking for charity (well not all day, everyday - just a lot more than I'm use to..) so if you would like to donate check out the details here. And updated prize list here. All to help women help themselves out of poverty.

Lots of yummy prizes up for grabs!!

Apparently we are about to get a lot of rain but the big fall hasn't arrived yet, may miss us this time (for once we have had enough rain over summer!).

have good one. xx

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeee the photo, the colors and the bird!

wendipooh13 said...

stunning layout!!! what a cool place to visit also!!! gorgeous, love how the bottom is off the edge too.

li-bee-ti said...

Karen, this lo is simply stunning! I love every detail about it. Gorgeous!
The photo is awesome and it looks a great place to visit. I wish I could....
Have a great day, dear friend!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Happy you decided to enter after all :) LOVELY layout and simply awesome picture. Looks perfect! Fantastic work Karen! Take care :)

Dolly Daydreams said...

The photo is fabulous and the background is perfect it lets the picture do ll the talking ! I love the subdued colours and embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at OUAS and hope to see you again.

Marie

Eleni Gratsia said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for joining us on OUAS!

EFI said...

Good morning Karen! Your layout is fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOVE this - really love it. Very classic in style:):)

Unknown said...

Wow, stunning layout! I love how the colours are combined in such an harmonic way, and clean lines and the AMAZING photo! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

Francine said...

Karen - this is a stunning layout - love it!