Thursday, September 17, 2009

finally finished



y
my submissions to the jenni Bowlin guest design spot from her big picture class. I really enjoyed all the sewing for the album cover, very pleased with that. The man in the photo is my great great grandfather, who looks a lot like one of my brothers except for the facial hair (hmm maybe convince brother Geoff to grow beard....).

The photo of my mother is one of my favourite photos, she looks so happy and relaxed unlike most of the more uptight photos of children taken prewar. The hand colouring is wonderful as well. I have mounted it on an old book cover and used an old library card and pocket for the journalling. I helped the librarian at our school to clear out a heap of old books and managed to score piles of these cards and pockets so if you want any let me know, I certainly have more than I can use!

tomorrow I will tell all about our lovely night out, Henry's learning journey, and maybe a disturbing tale of our principal which ends in me sending an email to complain of her complete lack of respect for staff and parents, sigh.

2 comments:

Irini said...

What beautiful layouts karen...good for you scoring all that library ephemera....just fab for scrapping.
I am curious as to what the principal did!

Laura said...

Beautiful layouts Karen - I especially love the one about your Mum. It's beautiful.