Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ahh The Summers of my youth..

I remember you- vaguely...

Hot, dusty, where the best summer tip was to get so sunburned that you peeled and that gave you a great tan for the rest of summer - the highest sun factor sunscreen was +4 (ahh Le Tan) or white zinc but that was only for the nose. Although I did notice we are wearing shirts in the pool so the sun must have been very hot on this day.

I loved it.


The Design Dollies challenge this week is to have a summer theme to your work. As it is less than summery here, I headed back in time to the time we had our pool on the farm. Lots of fun (making whirlpools that made Dad very unhappy..).

lots of Crate paper and the gorgeous sewing pattern flower is from Tessa's etsy store.


I'm sure there are lots of summery Lo's out there so come and play with us, please!! We will love you for it ;)

A quick note about a giveaway that has been bought to my attention - it is fairly major. Over at Channa's blog she is having a clear out and has lots and lots to give away, it is eye popping. Go check it out. She has some beautiful LO's on her blog as well, have a look!

Grocery shopping, picking up Henry and then home to play with my Cocoa daisy and studio calico kits which have arrived - hooray!!

Have a great day! xx

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos, the paint and loving the flower! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Awesome LO Karen! We had one of those pools too. So so much fun was had in them!
Alicia xx