Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Southern Girls Challenge

Three posts in three days - some sort of record!(edit - blogger was playing up yesterday and refused to let me play so technically it is 3 posts in 4 days...). Today is Southern Girls Challenge reveal day and I really like this one. The theme this week is childhood and I have happily used a couple of images from one of this weeks sponsors, Digi Stamp Characters by Heather Ellis.

So very cute!

And our other sponsor is Mad for Markers, which supplies those lovely Copic markers.

Here is my little effort, me with daisy chains at 2.

And I also used some bits from the wonderful package that arrived from Little Bits of Pretty the other day. Such a wonderful generous idea, with all funds from the packs going to Westmead Children's Hospital. She has nearly reached her goal of $1000 - how cool is that?? This is the loveliness that greeted me when I opened my pack -



And the background vintage paper I used on my Lo came from Little Women, one of my most repeatedly read book when I was a child (along with Anne of Green Gables of course). So ties in beautifully with the childhood theme (although to be slightly realistic, I wasn't quite up to reading much when I was 2...). Go check out Lea's stuff, just love it!

Other things now - I am just putting together the list of names to be drawn for my June blog love prizes. I am completely slack and can guarantee that I will let you know the winners early next week because the draw probably won't happen before Monday. But it will happen!

And soon I will have photos up from our trivia night at our local school last night. It was an 80's theme (and we all know that is my decade) . Our ordered well in advance t shirts did not arrive - grrrr - fully expecting them to arrive a today! But we rose to the occasion in both dress and brain power and came out victorious on the night!! Hooray - much celebrations to be had esp after many years of coming 4th .

Well off to wash out several tons of hair product out of my very attractive morning after the night before hair - always a good look...

xxx

6 comments:

Mitralee said...

Love that page! Thanks for naming that book! I had almost guessed it! Read it myself many times! I am following LittleBitsof Pretty! I am jealous of your cool new stash!

Lea said...

Thank you Karen for posting about our little fundraiser. I am thrilled you received your goodies and have already used some!! You have a lovely blog too. Thank you again for your lovely emails and support. Leax

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee that photo of you....and loving the pink/yellow theme!!! And the distressing and the little frame... heck girl... I just loveeeeeeeeee it all! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is a nice, sweet and attractive,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Irini said...

love the layout and that package looks gorgeous those colourful doilies are just so dare i say yummy!!!!!!!!! LOL

Basslady said...

a wonderful page! the colours are so wonderful and bright!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo