Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bad hair decade

Yep, we all know the decade I am talking about - although in fairness, this is more a leftover from the 80's and may just have slipped into the 90's. But I still blame the 80's. But I love that decade so much that I will forgive her for her many quirky faults...

This is my last Lo as guest designer at crafty croppers. I love this site so very much and the talent is oozing out over there. I have cheated somewhat on the last challenge as it was supposed to be a monochromatic LO featuring red and all it's wonderful darker offshoots and make the Lo about you - and I used a background of white. But check out the other girls examples. they all manged beautifully what I could not. Esp impressed with Irini's Lo. Mmm so good. But they are all fab!!


Mine is of course about my last perm. And how I warned the hairdresser that my hair took really well to perms and I only wanted loose waves. 'Not a problem' she said (HA!). But after she took the curlers out, there was the dreaded 'Oh.... (and more silence)" followed by 'the curls will drop quickly over the week...' All lies of course.

My friends were most (and loudly) amused for a goodly time to come.

never again.

I would love to hear other hair horror stories. It really would make me feel better.. really I promise not to laugh (much).

And go check out The other girls at Crafty Croppers, we would love to see what you come up with.

PS The latest Southern girls challenge is up as well, such a yummy colour combo of blue and green, come and join in there as well.

Off to see Diary of a wimpy kid 2 - sigh.

have a great day. xxx

8 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love your page. What a great idea. I sooo remember my big hair from the 80's. LOL

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am a pathetic soul as I miss the big hair days! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! I loveeeeeee that title and all the red! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TeenaBugg38 said...

WOW. I had one of those perms once too.......I wanted the gorgeous long loose spirals to channel my inner stevie nicks....I wound up looking more Larry from the 3 stooges.....yeah they also cut like 8 inches off of my hair....grrrrrrrrr

Irini said...

I love bad perm stories seem like we have all had one!!!
I have had it happen twice rather like TeenaBugg38 I too ended up looking like Larry from the 3 stooges.
As if once was not enough in my late teens but I went and did it again on my 40th birthday...what a glutton for punishment!!!

Laura said...

Karen, that's how my hair looks every time it rains, lol. Love the colours and title of this one and the story is great.

Viv said...

Back in the late 80's I got a root perm to make my hair stick up more! LOL! Why oh why!!!! Then I got a curly one.....looked like a nana!

Love your LO Karen !

KarenB said...

Oooh I had a perm like that, but what's even sadder, it still looks like that after a shower if it dries naturally. My hair is naturally wavy (it has a terrible kink all over that never sits nicely) - so I used to get it permed in the 80's to get an even, soft curl throughout. It only took half the time of a normal perm and if it was in too long then O-M-G... total frizz-city, LOL!!! These days I go the total opposite, and try to keep it straightened - but it still comes totally unstuck in the rain or humid weather :(

But anyways... love your LO!!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome LO!! My Mum had perms just like this!! I have always wanted a perm, but have never been game!
Alicia xx