Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trifecta time


Hope we all had a wonderful Easter and, for those of us down under, a peaceful ANZAC day. We didn't go to any of the marches this year, just pottered around the house and the usual driving kids from one end of Canberra to the other. We would love to go to Gallipoli cove one year (hopefully soon) although I will guarantee that I will be a blubbering mess as soon as the Last Post is played. Even when it is just on TV, I am not worth trying to talk to as I am an emotional mess. But a great day to remember those who have served.

Back to more mundane but creative none the less..) matters. The Dollies trifecta is out. Colours (lime, orange, blue and white - yum) , lots of buttons and this sketch


Plus my photos, some paper, a stamp and some ink equals



So pop on over, check out the other trifectas and have a go!!

We are still on school holidays here. Not looking forward to the kids going back as I do love my bed in the mornings. Even Matt has been on late shift, so nice and relaxed - although Geoff did have to go back to work today.

As nights are getting colder I have been watching more movies (catching up really on those I missed in the cinema). None that I really loved - I enjoyed the latest Harry Potter, liked Mao's Last dancer (but please read the book - it is so much better) and cried when re watching Finding Neverland (Mr Depp with accent, mmmmm).

And I am sorry to say that I watched Mamma Mia. Now I love musicals (singin' in the rain is an all time fav), I love ABBA, and love Meryl, Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan (my new second fav Mr. Bond after rewatching some of his lately as well). But honestly, this could be the worst picture I have fast forwarded through (just the singing) for a long time. Mum said the stage production was a lot better. Sorry to offend any fans out there...

Oh and Diary of a Wimpy kid 2 was better than the first one. And it was reasonably short as well.


Hopefully I will be back later today with another LO, fingers crossed. xx

PS, thanks for all the bad hair stories, made me laugh (esp Alicia saying her Mum had perms like that...)xx

4 comments:

Irini said...

Gorgeous layout!!!!!!!!!!!
I dread C3 going back to school next week I have been waking up at 0830 every morning now how on earth am i going to wake up at 0630!!!!!yikes!!
i am going to finally try and take part in one of the Dollies challenges......send me some mojo first!!!! LOL

KarenB said...

Hey Karen, LOVE your take on the trifecta - such a beautiful LO. I don't envy you the cold weather - ugggh, Canberra in winter!! I'll keep the Brissie weather, thanks ;)
Thanks for the heads up on Finding Neverland - haven't seen that yet and I must say I'm a bit of a JD fan :) Have a great week xx

Francine said...

Karen - I love that layout!! The colours are just gorgeous together, and your take on the sketch is perfect. I might have to go try out a Dollies challenge.
As for your taste in movies, well, I loved Mamma Mia! It's the only movie I've ever seen that I asked for a copy of the DVD as well. You just need to turn off to Pierce's singing and look at him instead.

Anonymous said...

lovely layout, I really enjoyed it.