Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Dr Who Scarf is finished

finally!!

I started last winter s always happens got put away when the hot weather appeared. It came out again about a month ago and I was desperate to finish as I was getting a bit bored with it (short attention span...). I was also keen to begin a decent crochet project.

So it is done and Matt loves it. He wore it to friend's house soon as it was done. Meaghan's reaction was slightly different ("you aren't going to wear that in public???")

Yes he will.

Here is Tom Bakers Dr and the scarf he wears (mine is shorter but really it is long enough..)


I vaguely used this pattern here.

and I used this sketch from Sketchy Thursday.

And I love getting packages in the mail. And today the mailman brought me these lovely packages from Tessa's Perfectly Precocious etsy store. The packaging alone made me smile.

Isn't that yummy??

And then contained within


I esp love the little wooden pegs the ribbon came on - oh and the flowers are gorgeous, go buy some!! Can't wait to get started with them.

3 comments:

Irini said...

Ooooo nothing like receiving beutiful packages in the mail!!!!!
The scarf is to die for!!
We are Dr Who fans here (C3 and I) but of the new series...I am working my way towards the older and original series, remembering my youth seeing Tom Baker and his scarf!!!.
The layout is fantastic by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I LOVE the scarf!! I used to watch that show with my Dad!! I am loving that lo too!! He looks just like him!! Loving the balloons and the little fencing!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Francine said...

I love the layout Karen, and the scarf - I can see why Matt would like it, and Meghan obviously just doesn't have the same taste - same kind of comments would go on in this house though too, LOL.

Lovely packages you received. I'll look out for those beauties on upcoming layouts.