Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It is so very cold here....

Last week we were in shorts and t shirts, this week, autumn has hit. I would put up some pretty pictures of the leaves turning, and they are gorgeous this year, but I am being particularly wimpy and staying inside in very close proximity to my little heater. And I know it is getting colder soon and I will adjust but I am still in my adjusting phase and I am not liking it!!!

Enough complaining (hmm, I seem to apologise about whinging every post, not good...), onto The latest Dollies challenge. This week is the elements turn, and the chosen element is lots of buttons!! Hooray, i always seem to need a button or two (or three..) on my work so I loved this challenge. We want you to put at least 7 buttons on your entry, much easier than it first sounds.

I love the different ways the girls have used them this week, flower centres, button flowers on cards, buttons in a row and adding textural depth to trees. All very scrapliftable ideas.




I wanted mine to be a bit more formal to highlight the uniform nature of Matt's purchase. So I laced mine together. I thought I had gold thread somewhere which I think would have been better but I couldn't find it.

Oh and yes, you can go to Hanoi and pick up a full military uniform, complete with medals and the hat for not a bad price. And it does impress the girls. And Matt did wear it to a party just after he arrived back. And apparently impressed everyone there as well. Not sure the hair is the appropriate length for a general though...

So come and play, this one should be easy for both scrappers and cardies (is that the correct term or am I just thinking of woollen items of clothing???). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

have a great day and either stay warm or enjoy the coming spring depending upon the hemisphere you reside in xx

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! I love love love those photos and loving the laced buttons!! Very cool lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

Fabulous fabulous layout!! sorry it took me so long to see it!!!